almost 4 years ago
Greetings, wayfinders! We’ve got an exciting announcement—we’re partnering with Mapzen, the open-source mapping lab, for this challenge. Mapzen has a great library of mapping and geodata tools you can incorporate into your app. It’s not required, but we think it’s pretty cool!
Here are a few ways to boost your app with Mapzen:
- Pelias is a modular, open-source, and very efficient geocoder powered by ElasticSearch.
- Tangram is a flexible mapping engine, designed for real-time rendering of 2D and 3D maps.
- Metro Extracts are city-sized portions of the OpenStreetMap database, served up weekly.
- Mapzen provides a free & open Vector Tile Service for OpenStreetMap base layer data, with worldwide coverage updated daily, available in GeoJSON, TopoJSON, and binary data formats.
- There’s also an open-source routing engine and libraries.
In addition, Mapzen’s software director for routing, Dave Nesbitt, has joined the judging panel! We’re psyched to have Dave’s expertise in all things geo.
Now go forth and code!